Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Open House:



I spent the majority of my Saturday after Thankgiving doing all of this:
















and this....................................














and this............................................................










With a little bit of this.........................................






Mixed in with some of that.........................................








And a dash of this.......................................








And a pinch of this..................................







Needless to say, I was very busy. I specifically worked on this picture scene above. The theme for this tree was Bohemian Nights. I think it was a differnet twist on the traditional bright colors of indian decor.




One of the other things I enjoyed was the idea of hanging branches from the glass ceiling and spraying them with fake snow and then hanging ornaments from them. It was a really pretty effect.


What a Winter Wonderland huh?

2 comments:

lindquist said...

K A T E !!!!!!

Oh how I love it all! I was scrolling down and by the time I to the 3rd pic my heart started racing as the scene was getting gobbed up! Pic #4 was even BETTER gobbing... I liked the green frilly stuff in the tree. Hey, at least you can still SEE the tree, right? (that's a cue that you can add MORE gob!) Pic #7 - you did so good. I like the unusual addition like the phone, the vase like thing holding something that looks like clock sprockets?? And the metal thing holding holiday balls - that's awesome. Your colors are beautiful and rustic and the vines on the table tie it all together. Lastly, Pic #8 and #9 are simply very artistically angled photographs. I LOOOOVE IT ALL!

I got a great suprise when I got home from work today... Scott got all the outside lights up and the are PERFECTLY straight, just how my anal mind likes them! As I was typing this message, we blew a breaker - but HEY, it's worth it! ha ha ha

Oh, and as a little side note, I tried REALLY hard to let the tree upstairs show a little of the actual tree. Everyone gives me crap about them being gobbed up. But I love the gob! Most stores you go to where the are artistically done are decorated the same way. I guess I think I'm a professional...

Kati Howard said...

I knew you'd love them all. It's hard for the pictures to do it justice though. But I'm glad you got the idea. I thought the upside down Christmas trees were different... I don't know if you noticed those. Some lady came in and said she had to have it. It was only $500 for the tree alone... not including ornaments! What a steal! :o)

Yeah, my fav. part were the tree branches we "snowed" and hung those lights from. I thought they looked really pretty and it was a nice way to showcase all the ornaments we couldn't "fit" on the tree.

Search This Blog