Monday, December 1, 2008

Going Green

It ever seems to be the fashion to do things which better our environment. You constantly hear advertisements about "going green", celebrities endorsing green products..... the idea is spreading all over the world. I think the idea of going green has also translated into Floral Design.... not in the sense that you are thinking though. It has more recently become very trendy to use monochromatic color pallets of green. This is a candle centerpiece that I made which consists on different dried mosses, liken and black rock. It gives a real organic look.... don't you think?


The rest of these pictures are from PetalsGalore.com..... but I thought they all demonstrate the green effect I was trying to explain.









2 comments:

lindquist said...

Miss Bella Design was ahead of the "GREEN LOVERS CRAZE". This post reminds me a lot of your wedding. I don't know anyone else who used real grass, sticks and moss at their wedding. Most use a colored flower, too ("usually" tacky and cliche).

Like I said, Miss Bella thinking green years earlier.

Kati Howard said...

You're right, I've always loved the green colors... in most everything. It's become way more trendy lately though.

Search This Blog