Thursday, January 22, 2015

Melanie and Karter (#10)

Who would've thought I'd be doing flowers for 
TWO of my little brothers
 weddings in the SAME year? 
Not me! 

My youngest brother, Karter, fell in love with one of the most kind-hearted people I know, Melanie. The two were married at Lucy's garden December 7, 2013. 

Many of the pictures below were captured by Chelsea Smith with Urban Bay Photogrpahy 
and a few of my shots interlaced. 
PC: Chelsea Smith 
It was a beautiful, simple ceremony and fun reception following. 
Melanie's centerpieces doubled as aisle arrangements for the ceremony. 
After it was finished they were moved to round tables for centerpieces. 
PC: Chelsea Smith 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

The bride and groom: 
PC: Chelsea Smith 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

Crazy enough, there was snow here that weekend (in the PacificNorthwest this is a rarity)! 
This made for a fun time getting fresh flowers to the barn and not having them freeze. :)
Melanie wanted all white flowers and NO greenery. 
She definitely had a vision in mind and I think, after a couple of adjustments,
 we came pretty close to exactly what she wanted. 
The centerpieces consisted of white hydrangeas, standard and mini spray roses, and baby's breath. 


Most all the centerpiece arrangements were tall with the exception of one low one which was on the bride and groom's table. 
Cake: 
A little extra flower love for the wine barrels with extra stuff.... 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

Because Karter and Melanie were married in December it can be challenging to keep fresh flowers (especially white ones- which bruise easily) looking their best with freezing temperatures. I suggested that we substitute some silk hydrangeas in the corsages and boutonnieres to accomplish the same look, without having wilted petals pinned to people. You wouldn't have been able to tell at all:  
The handsome groom:
PC: Chelsea Smith 

PC: Chelsea Smith 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

Fresh mini spray roses with baby's breath and some silk hydrangeas in the corsages: 

PC: Chelsea Smith 

Melanie's bridal bouquet features ivory hydrangeas, mini spray roses, standard white roses, and baby's breath. 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

The bridal party bouquets: 
Bridal Bouquet: 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

The bridal bouquets were smaller versions of Melanie's and complimented hers very well. 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

I know this picture doesn't really showcase any of my work, but how cute are my boys with their Uncle Kar kar and their (then) new Auntie Melanie?? 
PC: Chelsea Smith 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

I can say with confidence, that both my little brothers have married up. 
I have some pretty incredible sister in-laws! 
PC: Chelsea Smith 

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lindquist! 







No comments:

Search This Blog